Alignment is about creating the foundations for a product team to efficiently move through the rest of the phases.
It’s crucial that everyone involved with the service have a clear understanding of the scope and approach to the work. This includes having a strong hypothesis about the problem you are forming a team around to test and solve.
The main activity of Alignment is relationship building.
In Alignment you will:
- review the expectations for Agile delivery, including the phases of Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Live
- confirm organizational alignment to the need to address the service delivery problem or opportunity
- identify potential impediments to delivery
- determine who needs to be involved at a team, partnership, and executive level
- submit a Privacy Impact Assessment to conduct research
- find a space for your product team to co-locate, unless the team is supported to work remotely.
By the end of Alignment, expect to have:
- a collective understanding of approach and expectations for Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Live
- an understanding of who will be on the team for Discovery
- a co-located space for the team
- funding secured to support all phases
- budget allocated for research activities including stipends for research participants and travel.
- formed any governance or oversight bodies that are required
- a completed Privacy Impact Assessment for research activities