Product Teams should aim for self-sufficiency WRT management of pipelines, definition of OCP assets, deployments, scaling, monitoring, etc.
- Training, tutorials, books are available to help with the learning curve (search in DevHub and in Internet)
- Openshift training
- Openshift 4 Migration
- Read more about our Community-Based Support Model on Openshift 4 Platform
- Technical team members should join and participate in DevOps Commons community - meetups, etc.
- Product Owner/Managers should join Product Manager commons
- All teams should attend our Platform Community Meetups every 3 weeks, to stay up to date with the Platform updates and learn about upcoming changes
- Primary communication mechanism is a mailing list that you may sign up for the Platform Subscription Service at subscribe.developer.gov.bc.ca
You can also monitor Rocket.chat for up to date news on platform changes, ask questions, and get help
- Teams should monitor #devops-alerts channel in Rocket.chat at all times (for critical alerts, outage notifications, etc.) and participate (answer questions, share findings, etc.) in #devops-operations and #devops-how-to. Follow community conventions/etiquette WRT use of specific channels, appropriate @ mentions, DMs, etc.
- Important Platform announcements about major maintenance activities that may impact product team are also send out as Technical Information Bulletins (TIBs) through the government's change management process. If you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe when a new TIB or an updated TIB is published, email CITSTIBS@gov.bc.ca